Chunky Creamy Tomato and Pasta Recipe
Our chunky tomato sauce includes Tocos (Rice Bran Solubles) that is an incredible superfood and a creamy addition to this healthy recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Sauces
- 1/2 lb. pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 – 6 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Tocos (Rice Bran Solubles)
- 3 tablespoons earth balance.
- Fresh basil, minced
- Vegan parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside, reserving some cooking liquid.
- Heat 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cut two medium zucchini into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Distribute in one layer into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set the timer for 10 minutes and do not stir.
- Dice 1 medium onion and layer over zucchini.
- Core and chop 4 – 6 medium tomatoes.
- Once zucchini has browned on one side (maybe less than 10 minutes), stir and add tomatoes, 1/2 cup red wine, 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional). Season with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons Tocos (Rice Bran Solubles) and 3 tablespoons earth balance. If sauce seems too thick, use a bit of pasta cooking liquid to thin.
- Serve over pasta and top with chopped fresh basil and vegan parmesan.
Try cooking zucchini separate if you like your zucchini more firm.
Keywords: Toco, Vegan Recipes, Tomato Sauces